Obtaining the Golden Visa is no longer a tedious task with the help of our legal team and skilled administrators. We will guide and help you through the process, and therefore getting your Golden Visa will be effortless and uncomplicated.
Here is some information and a description of the possibilities you will acquire when you obtain the Golden Visa:
The golden visa was introduced by the Greek State in order to facilitate the owners of properties in their movement in and out of Greece.
The Greek Golden Visa program is one of the most attractive and less costly in the EU. It gives the possibility to acquire a residence permit in Greece, valid for all EC and Schengen Countries by owning a property (new ,resale) of minimum value 250.000 euro without including the contract expenses.
Beneficiaries of a residence permit for investment activity are:
(a) third-country citizens intending to invest in Greece, provided that their investment plan complies with the conditions set out in the legal framework.
(b) Family members of a third-country citizen who has been granted with residence permit.
(c) Third country citizens who are executives of companies involved in the implementation or operation of the described investment plan.
The duration of the residence permit for investment activity (for investors or executives) is five years and is renewed for an equal period of time each time, provided that the beneficiary retains his / her position (investor or executive) in relation to the investment and continues to operate her. For family members the residence permit expires at the same time as the residence permit of the sponsor.
GOLDEN VISA DOCUMENTATION AND PROCEDURE
1. Application (to the local authority of the area where the property is located)
2. If represented by an attorney, a POA (in which the visa is mentioned, its day of issuance and its expiry date)
3. The contract (minimum value 250,000, not including other expenses) mentioning that the price has been paid in full upon signing of the contract (the money of the price needs to be sent to GREECE and not to an account of the seller abroad)
4. Registration certificate of the contract at the local Land Registry.
5. Certified copy of a valid passport or other travel document recognised by Greece with the valid national visa.
6. Original Passport (to be presented by the client when present for the fingerprints)
7. Copy of Visa for entering Greece (for some countries due to reciprocity agreements, there is no visa, e.g. Israel)
8. 4 photos – suitable for passport with certain specifications applied (to be taken while in Greece preferably)
9. CD of photos saved in jpeg 2000 format.
10. Fingerprints – even if the application is made by the attorney, the client will have to come to Greece for the fingerprints. Fingerprints are to be given within 12 months from the date of the confirmation receipt of the application.
11. Insurance policy with a Greek insurance provider with proper coverage (to be arranged by the attorney). The cost is approx. 400 euros per annum. It has to be renewed every year. If this is not done, then the Golden Visa will be annulled.
12. A state fee of 2,000 euros, in the form of an electronic fee in accordance with the provisions of Article 132 of Law 4251/2014 and of Article 38 of Law 4546/2018 (101 A), where appropriate.
13. A state fee of 16 euros in the form of an electronic fee, concerning the printing of the separate document (electronic residence permit).
14. A state fee of 150 euros in the form of an electronic fee, for each family member accompanying the third-country national. The above third-country national may be accompanied by the family members for whom, at their request, an individual residence permit is issued, that expires together with the residence permit of the sponsor
Family members shall mean:
b. The partner with whom a third-country national has signed civil partnership in Greece;
c. The direct unmarried descendants of the spouses, who are under the age of 21;
d. Τhe direct unmarried descendants of the supporter or of the other spouse/partner, provided that their custody has been legally entrusted to the sponsor (for his/her children) and to the other partner (for his/her children), under the age of 21;
e. The direct relatives of the spouses in the ascending line;
15. a) A certificate issued by the notary who drew up the purchase contract or the notarial deed for the lease of hotel accommodation facilities or furnished houses for tourists in complex tourist accommodation facilities which certifies the personal data of the parties contracted, the information concerning the property, the type of payment for the agreed price or hire and the specific information concerning the payment transaction, according to the provisions of article 20 B, the existence, by chance, of a dissolving clause, as well as if the particular property has been used by the seller for the issuance of the permanent residence permit OR
b) A certificate issued by the notary (in case the sum paid during the property purchase was lower than two hundred and fifty (250,000) Euros but the current objective value of the property exceeds or is equal to the amount concerned and which should state that, “…According to the result of the check conducted on contract No ……… for the purchase of property, the income of the property value was paid in full and the contract is NO longer subject to terms, conditions and time limits and the objective value of the property amounts to …”.
16. A certificate of encumbrance issued by the Land Registry or the national Cadastre attesting the non-existence of any encumbrance.
17. A certificate (issued by the Immigration Service) that the property has not been used in the past for the issuance of a permit, in case a third-country citizen/company acts as the seller.
· After submission of the application, if the client is not in Greece at the time, an appointment will be set for them to come for the fingerprints.
· The Visa is not a sticker anymore, it is a card, so it can be picked up by the attorney.
· Periods of absence from the country shall not disrupt the renewal of the residence permit.
· The residence permits, being granted pursuant to paragraphs 1 and 4 of this Article, do not establish the right of access to any form of employment.
· The resale of the real estate property during the period of validity of the residence permit to another third-country national shall provide the right to the granting of residence permit to the new buyer with simultaneous withdrawal of the vendor’s residence permit.
Apart from the obvious advantage of owning a property in the most beautiful country of the world, the Golden Visa allows or provides the benefit of free circulation in all EU and Schengen countries.
For any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kreta Eiendom Legal and Administration Department
If you wish to obtain more information, please fill in the form and we will get back to you.