The world has become smaller, and the practical issues are easier. EC countries have turned into one happy family, and around that dining table you have rights you probably didn’t even know of. This brings your dream of moving to Greece closer – everything from rules of residence to national insurance has been simplified.

But surely, there must be endless paperwork to complete? The thought of it can be very discouraging, but this is no longer the case. As a member of the EC a minimum of paperwork is required to enable you to study, work or just enjoy Greece. A valid passport automatically gives you residency and permission to work in Greece for three months, and you can bring your spouse and children under the age of 21. You are entitled to work for 3 months in any EC country without applying for a residency or work permit.